Friday, April 13, 2012

New yarn, new design

So as a way to celebrate being accepted into the Mini Maker Faire, I went yarn shopping, big time.  Over the course of Easter weekend, I went to two local yarn stores (there would have been a third one, but they were closed),  two craft stores, and two online yarn stores.  I now have a fresh stash of yarn wanting for me to make delicious things out of them.



Plus some funky new buttons I found at Joann's - I'm going to use them on a new design I created over Easter weekend - and a few other accessories for works in progress or ideas floating around in my head.


 After spending most of Sunday designing a new pattern, I worked on and off all week on two pieces using the new pattern.  I just finished one tonight - it's my first official piece I've made for the mini maker faire, woo hoo!

Before 

After  

 It's a cozy for your ipad or android tablet - you may notice a suspicious white color peeping through the fabric.  That's because I don't actually own a digital tablet and had to use foam core as my sample.  Maybe if I sell enough of these, I can buy a real one!  And yes, those are cables and that is crochet, not knitting - pretty cool, huh?

Besides finishing that, I worked on another version using 100% recycled yarn - very neat to work with - and I finished all the registration paper work and paid my commercial maker fee.  I am officially a maker now!

No comments:

Post a Comment