Monday, April 23, 2012

A Doable To-Do List


So I have less than three weeks left before the Mini Maker Faire takes place and I've been getting nervous.  I decided to do what I always do when stressed and overwhelmed by too many things to do, I made a to-do list (sorry for the bad photo, I'm at a coffee shop, not at my desk.)

I'm relieved and a little worried that it's only one page long.  There must be more to do to get ready for the fair than that.  I have thought of a few things already that I've forgotten to write (make sure I have a table and chairs, register myself and my helper for the event - one lucky person gets in for free just by helping me with my table for a few hours!) but nothing really major or time consuming.  

Some of my tasks are understated on my list - like my goal of having 50 items for sale.  I have 30 completed items, so I'm doing well, but it will be difficult, maybe impossible, to make 20 more items from scratch in under 3 weeks.  Luckily, I have a number of works in progress (wips in the fiber world)  that if I can only finish, should add another 10 or 15 pieces to my pile.  As I have discovered though, and really always suspected, I like starting things more than I like finishing things.  I have this big stack of half finished things, often they just need a zipper or button sewn on, but do I finish them?  Oh no, I'd rather pick up that pretty new ball of yarn and design a new project.  I must curb my desire to design if I'm to hit my goal of 50 items!

To show that I am, indeed, trying to be good and finish pieces, here are a few pictures of projects I've finished (or almost finished - just a button or two to sew on) this week.  Hopefully my next post will be about the arrival of my custom fabric labels, courtesy of Tags & Labels!


Heather Black Smartphone Cozy
Green Smartphone Cozy


Tweed Kindle Cozy - I'm obsessed with cables right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment