Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Austin Mini Maker Faire

Finally!  I actually stuck to one of my New Years Resolutions - to sell my crocheted crafts at a craft fair this spring.  I was accepted as a commercial seller for the Austin Mini Maker Faire.  Yippee!  If you have never heard of the Maker Faire, it's an event created by Make magazine to "celebrate arts, crafts, engineering, science projects and the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) mindset".  The Austin Mini Maker Faire 2012 is created and run by Kami Wilt and Austin Tinkering School.  The event itself takes place on May 12th, from 10 am to 6 pm, at the Pine Street Station. 

This will be my first craft event that I'll be selling at.  I've sold a few things through my etsy store, but this is the real deal.  I'll be blogging about my experience, chaos, frustrations, and all.  I have 31 days to get ready - crochet as many items as possible, make labels and business cards, document every item, create displays and pricing for the day of, and a million other things - ready, set, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment