Saturday, June 9, 2012

Almost there

I've made great progress on my blanket.  I am two thirds done with the owl - only about 20 more rows - and then its just finishing up the background and creating a border.  The color changes have gone really smoothly.  I write the pattern twenty rows at a time, so it's fresh in my head while I'm crocheting it.  


This row was the worst one to do, as I was using all the colors in multiple sections.  I had 9 balls of yarn going at once.


I've been mostly working at my desk, to the disappointment of my cat (she thinks me working at my desk equates lap and snuggle time - not with yarn around!)  Because I have to count every stitch to make sure I change yarn colors at the right spot,  I haven't been able to watch tv or listen to Stuff You Should Know podcasts like I normally do.   LastFM has been a big lifesaver, as it gets very very boring counting 75 stitches for 40+ rows. 


When I need a break from the blanket, I work on a new project I'm making for my Hobby Local Classes.  A simple apron in color changing yarn - I used Encore Worsted Softspun.  The yarn is really neat - it's a strand of pink twisted with a strand of grey that changes from light to dark to a blueish silver - it creates a lovely subtle color change.


I crocheted a raised effect every 6 rows, to add texture and interest.  I'd love to make more intricate designs and add fabric pockets in colorful, maybe vintage inspired, fabric and sell them!


 I'll post photos and a link when I finish the apron and add a class to my teaching schedule.  The class should be available in late August.  You can see my current class schedule here.  Look for the classes taught by me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment