Sunday, May 20, 2012

Recap of Austin's Renegade Craft Faire

Noah and I went to the Renegade Craft Fair yesterday.  If you are interested in going, stop reading and go right now!  It runs through 7 pm today at the Palmer Event Center, and best of all, it's free!

I've wanted to go for a couple years now but I always end up working that weekend.  I was so excited to go this time.  I also wanted to see some of the fabulous vendors I met at the Mini Maker Faire last weekend.  The lovely Manue of PrettyKiku was there selling her beautiful jewelry.


And I ran into Casey Janowski of FartsyArts checking out the vendors and shopping.  There were about 200 vendors there selling a wide range of art and crafts.  It was a bit overwhelming at times and there were so many people there!  I wanted to buy everything I saw, but I restrained myself.  I did get a couple things, though.  I bought an awesome print from Drew Morrison.


He had a lot of amazing and quirky pieces but this one was my favorite.  Noah bought me this sweet bag from This Creative Life.  My bag is actually a canvas tote bag, but I was too lazy to take a photo of it.  Isn't it awesome?









Here's some photos of other vendors I really liked. 
3bearsstudio.etsy.com - Sassy and cute paintings
Cloth-ink.com - Modern designed lampshades and more
crapappledesigns.com - vintage notebooks
SewnStationery.com - custom cards and stationery
Amandambarr.com - printed ceramics

HelloLBF.com - Lets Be Friends Hipster Bears
Hipster Bears - Love the PBR Cans


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you have the Sew Say We all bag??!!! I have to show that to Lanny- he will flip! How often do you find a Battlestar Galactic reference in the craft world!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It's amazing! Sadly, not many of my crafter friends share my love of sci-fi, so they weren't very excited about it, but I love love it. It's the perfect melding of craft and science fiction (my two favorite things!)

      Delete
  2. Cool! I spent way too much this time. My favorite was this guy from New Orleans who made the coolest earrings. I'll share some pics on my fb group!

    ReplyDelete